Subject: [Leica] Leica identification
From: "Douglas McLernon" <Douglas.McLernon@tcd.ie>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 12:27:31 +0100

Last summer in my local village green in Sandymount, Dublin I was
photographing an open air exhibition of artists with an IIIF. Three of the
group, about mid-sixties - a few years older than myself - after some
discussion approached and inquired if I was using a Leica. They knew of HCB
and thought of photography as art. After a brief chat they wanted to hold
the the Leica and look through the viewfinder. The comment was they could
really feel the old time quality. Not one took  any notice of the black M4
around my neck!