Subject: Re: [Leica] R6?
From: "John McLeod" <johnmcleod@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 18:33:07 +0000

I have two Thib and love them both.  Great handling.  Except for a recent
problem (after 5-7 years of use) with the DOF lever (which Sherry Krauter
fixed perfectly, at Jim Brick's suggestion), they have been problem free.
Unless you want an auto-exposure camera, you get just what you need in the
viewfinder.  Great layout.  Most everyone on the LUG prefers the R7, which
has additional features and a few add'l strengths, but I actually prefer the
R6 due to its viewfinder simplicity and its mechanical construction.  If you
want an all-manual camera, it's a beauty who's value may not be fully
appreciated.

John McLeod