Subject: Re: [Leica] Wedding plans with M6
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 17:25:03 -0400

B&W wedding instructions:

Load your M6 with Tri-X and forget the other film. Set your EI at 650 and
mount a fast lens. The 75 Summilux is a good choice. Shoot to your heart's
content.

Process your film in a rotary processor. Develop in Edwal FG7 diluted 1:15
with a 9% solution of sodium sulfite. Try 8:10 @ 70F. Fix and dry as usual.

Enlarge to 8X10 inches with very small grain or 11x14 inches with small
grain. Enjoy the beautiful tonality of the results.

PS: If you REALLY need more speed, rate at EI 1300 and add about 30% to the
processing time.

Cheers!

kw

>For the first time, I'll have an opportunity to use the M6 at a wedding,
>in a couple weeks.  I'm going as a guest, not as a wedding
>photographer.  The wedding and reception will be in the evening, all
>indoors I assume.  I'll be shooting only black & white, in available
>light.  I'll be doing most "photojournalist" style shots, rather than
>portraits, etc.  Nothing will be enlarged to more than 4x6, most likely.
>
>What I'd like to take:
>M6, 35/2, Tri-X 400, TMZ/P3200, light meter
>
>What I'm concerned about:
>- Tri-X will be too contrasty with all those black & white gowns and
>tuxes.
>   How might I rate/process it differently to compensate?  Or should I
>consider a different film?
>- I'll wish I had a longer lens (but I really want to keep things
>simple).
>   My only other options are 50/2 and 90/4.  Since there will be an
>official photographer present,
>   I'll be doing most shooting from a guest's perspective, and will be
>trying to not get too close or
>   in the way.  This makes me think the 50/2 would be a better choice.
>
>Thanks for any suggestions.
>
>Andrew

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@mail.tir.com>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>