Subject: Re: Re: [Leica] Weddings
From: Disfromage@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 16:17:34 EDT

<<Does Tri-X at EI 250 also lessen the contrast a bit?  All those black
& white tuxes and gowns at weddings didn't seem to work well the last
time I shot Tri-X at a wedding.  I really love the high contrast of
Tri-X when I've used it at EI 400 in non-wedding situations, but it
would be nice to be able to calm it down when I desire.

Andrew,
	It sounds like you have a classic case of under exposure and over
development.  I would try Tri-x at 250 or 320 and expose for those black
tuxes-take a reading of a tux and stop down about 2 stops.  I like Xtol 1:1
about 10% less time than Kodak recommends.
	Best,
		Richard