Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 21 ASP OR HASSELBLAD 503cm with ?? (undecided)
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 12:05:09 -0400

Darrell,

I use a Hasselblad system for most of my commercial work. I don't think
you can just get a Hasselblad. For the money, if you're just looking for
a wide-angle lens I'd buy the 21 ASPH. To get a comparable wide-angle
lens in the Hasselblad system (40mm) will put you into the $4,000-$5,000
US range. Unless you buy one of the SWC body/lens combinations. And this
will still cost in that range. Then you'll still need back(s) and a
handheld meter, not to mention a viewing system if you want to use
something other than the waistlevel finder that comes with the C series
bodies.

The bigger question should be what you want to accomplish with your
photos, whether a square format will be useful to both your vision and
needs, your style of working (whether it's spontaneous or deliberate),
how much you want to carry (my Hassy (sorry Marc) kit weighs 40 lbs.),
and what your accountant advises in terms of a tax write-off for the
coming year.

Hope this helps.

Carl S.