Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak Infrared and Leica
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 16:13:03 -0300

Francois:

Which infrared film are you using?  If it is the colour slide, I don't
believe you have to focus it differently.  If it is the B&W infrared, you
do have to focus to a different point.  I checked my Leica lenses for my R
cameras and could not find such a mark.  On a non Leica lens, the mark
corresponded to just between the right depth of field marks for 4 and 5.6.
On other lenses I had used the B&W film with years ago I also remember the
R mark near the depth of field mark for F4.  I don't know if this is always
so, but is a good place to start.  Just don't shoot anthing with the lens
wide open where you may miss the focus.

Regards,

Robert