Subject: Re: [Leica] How to remove lens shade from the new 35mm 1.4 ASPH?
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 08:49:30 -0700

The 35/1.4 ASPH shade is locked on with a locking ring. Little red arrows
on the top. Turn the ring opposite to the arrows, and pull the shade
straight off. Reverse the process to lock it on your lens. I believe older
1.4 ASPH's had a shade that would fall off, so they upgraded to the lock.
The tabs on the side work after it is unlocked.

Jim