Subject: [Leica] R4 stuff
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 00:31:31 EDT

Here is the text from a letter sent to me by E. Leitz, Inc. on 4/11/85
regarding my new R4 which I had returned to them due to a malfunction:

"In order to return your equipment to you as quickly as possible, and also to
assure that you have all the latest updates to this equipment, we have elected
to exchange it. You roriginal serial number has been transferred to this
replacement.

You rwarranty and/or Passport Protection, if still in effect, will continue to
the original expiration date.

We trust this replacement meets with your satisfaction. Thank you for your use
of LEICA products.

Sincerely,
E. LEITZ, INC.
TECHNICAL SERVICES DIVISION

I found this letter among my papers when I was opening boxes from my recent
move. Clearly they attempted to get the early R4's out of service which is
probably why I have had so little trouble with them. BTW the serial # was
153xxxx.

Bob Figlio