Subject: Re: [Leica] Tripod
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 16:10:37 -0700

When you need a tripod, you need a tripod! Period. That's why I made a 1/2
Kirk (RRS is the same) mount for my M6 with Abrahamsson winder attached.
It's in the center, and believe me, if you want sharp street scenes or
landscapes with stuff from six feet to several hundred feet (or infinity),
sharp, you need a tripod. A small carbon tripod and B1 head, with a strap,
is very easy to carry and will allow you to get that photograph that
otherwise would not work out. DOF is an important concept. Some situations
you don't want it, others you have to have it. When you have to have it, a
tripod is the best answer. Of course, fast film is another answer. But it's
all a compromise. An extra burden of toting a tripod. Or a loss in
photographic quality. I'll take the tripod. And that's why I went to the
trouble of figuring out how to make it easy.

Jim