Subject: [Leica] Breakfast
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 23:54:46 -0700

This morning I had a leisurely breakfast with Tim Page and Antonin
Kratochvil.  On the table were an Nikon FE, an M6 and a G2.  Floating
across the table were war stories, bureaucracy stories, funny stores,
publication SNAFU stories, appreciation of collegues stories, and
comparisons of war wounds. Tim Page's presentation yesterday left hardly
a dry eye and many lumps in throats.  Antonin's presentation today left
all of us awestruck with the power of his work and the depth of his
commitment to meaningful work.

Antonin gave me a copy of his new book Broken Dream, which will live
next to Ted Grant's book on the inspiration shelf.

More later.

donal
- --
Donal Philby