Subject: Re: [Leica] vs Zeiss/ 16 X 20s
From: Bud Cook <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 07:51:37 -0500

My point is that many of the lenses designed for Kyocera are designed to
a lower price point and might be less robust than the Zeiss lenses (or
Leitz lenses) that I've owned in the past and which date back to my
first 35mm camera, a (real) Contax IIa.

When a Kyocera/Zeiss lens sells for less than an American made Carl
Zeiss *economy* rifle scope, something's got to be sacrificed.  A
difference in labor costs can't account for it.

Just MHO.

Bud