Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica - M6 Special Edition
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 13:03:50 +0200

I am really ambivalent about these "special editions". On the one hand, I
find it ludicrous that anyone would pay 2 or 3 times the price for a normal
M6 just because of a leather covering or some special engraving. I very
much doubt if the purchasers of those cameras actually take any pictures
with them. On the other hand, maybe they are not a bad thing...after all,
it is easy for Leica to produce them (i.e. no precious R&D resources are
wasted) and the profit margins are enormous (after all, how much can it
cost Leica to engrave "Danish Royal Wedding" on the top of the body??). So,
the more special editions Leica sells, the healthier the company is
financially, and thus better able to develop good products for us users,
and maybe even get them to market on time :-)

Nathan