Subject: Re: [Leica] IIIf
From: "Howard Sanner" <flagstad@sysnet.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 23:38:01 +0000

On Wed, 23 Sep 1998 13:10:10 -0700 (PDT), Stephen Kobrin wrote:

>At 01:48 PM 9/23/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>I'd like to start carrying around my IIIf more, and I have some
>questions about its "ease of use."

   First of all, this is a great thread! I have a fascination
with screwmount Leicas, and this has been most interesting and
informative.

>That brings up a more general point.  Much of the discussion on
>the
>LUG involves the M6 and the newest lenses.  I wonder how many of us
>use older Leicas with lenses of the same vintage regularly.

   My only Leica at the moment is an M3 vintage 1959. My lenses
are a 1958 DR Summicron, 1959 Summaron-RF f/2.8, and
1960-something 135 Elmarit. The new lenses are doubtless better,
but for the level of my interest in photography, I can't justify
the cost of the newer ones. Besides, I'm devoted to old
technologies: tubes, fountain pens, antique cars, Leica
rangefinders--in sum, the finer things in life! <g>

**
**                         Howard Sanner
**                Kirsten Flagstad Discographer
**                  Ampex Mailing List Founder
**                     flagstad@sysnet.net
**
*/