Subject: Re: SV: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #319
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 23:34:52 -0500

At 11:13 AM 9/24/98 +0000, you wrote:

>TTL flash and the 28-50-35 lens. But a TTL flash sync still at 1/50th is
>limited. The M7 is not only long in coming, it is, as far as the
>competitive market is concerned, long overdue.

First of all, Leica's CEO stated in September (or was it October?) '96 in
Business Week magazine that a new rangefinder camera is due at the end of
the decade. That's over a year away. So we shall see if Leica has a plan to
update it, and are keeping things rolling with the M6TTL until then.

A rangefinder has to do with focusing, not the viewfinder. I find the
Contax G viewfinder hard to view through.

>I use my cameras as a living. I had to trade my M6 in because it could not
>meet my demands. The G's can. I assume Konica will offer the same
>technology.

What were your demands. I can't find a single thing I can't do with my M6
(except fast flash sync) that I could do with a G, yet many things I can do
with the M6 I can't do the a G. (Such as 1.4 lenses and available light).
As a pro, the G is sorely lacking in fast lenses.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch