Subject: Re: [Leica] IIIf
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 17:11:54 -0700

Hi, George
No, I think I understand why people like both the old and new lenses. It's
because both offer different image qualities, and both are well suited to
different situations. If you want a classic look, use a classic lens. If you
want the sharpest images with the best quality of luminiscence and
enveloping light with a high contrast and excellent quality from edge to
edge, get the latest versions of the lens. It comes down to taste. For my
part, the new lens does 95% of my work, but I continue to lug the older lens
around for those situations where their qualities seem to suit the image.
regards,
Joe Stephenson