Subject: [Leica] Bits and Bytes in the R-bayonet (LF 7/98)
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 23:02:01 +0100

LUGers,

In the last issue of Leica Fotographie (7/98)
on pages 30 and 31, there is excellent paper
about the purposes of the electric contacts found
on the ROM Leica lenses and inside the R8.

They say, for example, that small lenses with ROM permit
shorter time parallax or that the effective aperture
is taken to account.
At the end of manufacture, or when retrofitting of older lenses,
every Leica-R lens is individually measured and programmed in
order to make sure that the potential accuracy of the exposure
metering is maintained.

That's the kind of informations I was waiting since two years.
I can send my lenses now that I know why!
:-)

You will also find the Leica novelties at the Photokina.

Lucien