Subject: RE: [Leica] XP2 "Super"
From: Jeffrey Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 10:38:23 -0400

B.D.--

	Tri-X has its place, but I don't use it any more; I prefer Ilford HP
to fill that niche.  I don't see this as a dark-room question, but actually
as the qualities of two different films.  XP-2 produces a distinctive
negative and print quality which, personally, I like a lot.  No one has ever
looked at one of my prints and asked if the negatives were developed on a C
process machine.  I think you'll be happy with the XP-2 Super, especially if
you liked the results from the "old" XP-2.  If you are going to redeem your
dark-room capabilities, I would urge you to try the other Ilford emulsions,
FP & HP, they're different but they're interesting and I prefer them to
Kodak.

	Have fun and enjoy the results.

			Buzz