Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Autoflash reliability
From: Bud Cook <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 08:23:56 -0500

The capacitor must be reformed every few weeks (or months at the latest)
or it will die.  If your flash has a built-in rechargeable battery, it
also must be reformed/recharged on a regular basis.

When you recharge the capacitor, turn on the flash and leave it on for
about 30 minutes.  Then fire the flash several times at maximum power
before storing it.

Bud