Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodachrome Print help
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 22:39:50 -0400

At 06:14 PM 9/18/98 -0700, you wrote:

>One note of caution. Somewhere I read that scanning from Kodachrome can be
>difficult because of the image dye layers scattering the laser or
>something. If I find it again, I'll comment more, but does anyone else know
>anything about this?
>
>Alastair Firkin,

Alastair -

Kodachromes scan just as well as any other film.  Supposedly the ICE
feature on the new Nikon 2000 doesn't work as well with Kodachrome, but
I've been scanning Kodachromes and Fujichromes and they look great.  The
color balance is differenct, of course, but you can play with that all you
want in Photoshop.

Tina Manley, ASMP

<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>
<http://www.aperture-photo.com/site/reportage/manley/manleyframeset.html>