Subject: [Leica] Big Camera, Little Camera, and the Eastern Sierra
From: Doug Herr <71247.3542@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 20:18:59 -0400

On Thu, 17 Sep 1998, Frank Filippone wrote:
 =

<SNIP>
>I will be going to Lone Pine to shoot Manzanar,  Lee Vining to shoot Bod=
ie
>and the Eastern Yosemite area.  Someone a few weeks ago posted his trip
>itinerary, and I will try to incorporate that into this trip as well. =

Mono
>Lake will get its obligatory sunup visit ( in the freezing weather) and =
>intend on trying some more Tufa shots in the early evening.  It will be
Full
>moon time, so the evenings could get real interesting.

>Does anyone know where Zabriskie Point is?  I think I will be near it on=

>395?

Frank,

Zabriskie Point is near Furnace Creek in Death Valley.  It's a long hot
drive from 395.  My recollection is that you should allow 3-4 hours from
Long Pine.

There are plenty other interesting areas in Death Valley.  I suggest maki=
ng
it a seperate trip so you can spend more time in the area.

Doug Herr
Death Valley resident, winter 1976-1977