Subject: [Leica] Newbie questions
From: Mary & Stan Kephart <kephartol@att.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 98 14:44:24 -0500

Greetings to all,

I continue to be grateful for all the helpful information that flows
through these threads.

Yesterday I picked up a roll of color prints that I shot over the
weekend.  On several occasions I missed a nice shot (a little girl
playing with a beach ball) by being too slow.   My old SLR was manual it
seems it was faster to set than the M6.  Is this just me?--or are there
some techniques I need to learn.  I try to set the exposure for the
general lighting, so all I have to do is focus at the last minute, but
I'm often off by a split second.  (I got an interesting shot of the girl
with the beach ball right in front of her face.)   I've visited many of
your websites and have seen some really "just right" action shots.  Would
love to know how you do it.

Also, do any of you use a color head for b&w printing?  If so, how
efficient is it?

Thanks in advance,

Mary K