Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica mini 3 service
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.u-nancy.fr>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 19:41:51 +0200

A 14:43 17/09/98 +0200, vous avez =E9crit :
>I'm sorry if this is a rather small and unimportant topic for this list =
and
>at the same time it concerns a rather small Leica camera.
>
>My brave little Leica Mini 3 that I bought 6 months ago failed to expose=
 my
>slide films on a USA trip correctly. This was really disappointing becau=
se
>I expected it to work perfectly and relied on it, so that finally all my
>slides were underexposed (I used my N. SLR for color prints). The same
>happened to the b&w negative film I gave to my Leica.
>My disappointment got even bigger when I realized that it took a very lo=
ng
>time for the Leica service in Austria to fix my camera. I gave it to the=
>six and a half weeks ago and the only thing I heard from them in the
>meanwhile was that they had to send it to Germany to the factory.
>
>My two questions to this list:
>1. Is underexposure a common problem to the Mini3
>2. Is the Leica service always and everywhere so slow?
>
>I'm glad my dealer gave me a second hand camera to use while I'm waiting
>for my Leica, but it's a tough job to substitute for it.
>
>Good shooting!
>
>Wolfgang Spekner

___________
Sie haben kein Gl=FCck, Wolfgang !Pas de chance.
My wife has a mini 1, but we've never tried to shoot (photograph) with a
slide film.Too risky.The minis have not an accurate exposure metering
system.They are made for colour negative film and the metering system,
settled by the factory, overexposes systematically.
My wife's Mini 1 has been serviced one time (erratic auofocus) by Leica
France. Very swiftly : 10 days.And now everything's smashing.
I wonder why your 6-month-old mini has been sent in Germany. It is easy t=
fix locally your problem. One more time, we are in the face of a basic
marketing case. Your dealer should have swop your under-warranty mini for=
new one.If I were Leica in Solms, I would give him a good telling-off.And
if I were you I would give Leica a good telling-off too. The consumer is =
king or, in Austria, an emperor.

Dominique Pellissier