Subject: [Leica] Security, Guns, and Wimps
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 20:00:36 -0400

I am a bit annoyed at the recent trend on the LUG on guns -- this has come
up, again and again, here and everywhere.

Folks, the only person who can guarantee your own security is you.  The
only person who can be responsible for your gear is you.  No one else can
do this for you, and those who look to societal solutions, such as those
who advocate, "let the police take care of it", really haven't a clue as to
what is going on.

I will not carry a gun on my person, and I am often in dangerous locales.
But, then, I am willing to assume the risk and know full well what I face
- -- after all, I grew up in a big city, and, as a lad, wandered around with
folks who would blow your brains out as well as give you the best of the
day.

It is a crazy universe.  If you feel better with a firearm, so be it, and I
will not gain-say you, as the choice is yours.  If you condemn those who
bear arms, well, then, so be it, and you are clueless in a harsh universe.

All of you guys should read Heinlein's TUNNEL IN THE SKY before commenting
on the issue.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!