Subject: Re: [Leica] Favorite lenses!
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 20:20:30 -0500

> The 90 and 135 are awfully close together. I would think it better to start
> with a 180 and a 90.

Eric is bang on here,IMHO.  My most used and favorite lens is the 90
summicron. The most recent non APO 180 is also an excellent lens.  The
older lens is also rather nice, but the focus ring is small and, as Eric
said, is heavy. But you can find the old lens for around $500 used, most
recent non APO around $1,100 so think about how much you will use the
longer length.

Can't comment on either the 135 or the most current 180 APO as I have
never used either.
- --
Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto