Subject: Re: [Leica] Photokina news 2
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 11:39:45 +0000

Harrison McClary wrote:

> What a shame.  I agree with Tom that I personally would have far more use
> with a higher sync speed than a ttl flash, esp with ttl at only 1/50.
> TTL does not help much when the sync is this slow.  IMHO.

Like so many companies, they create a product with wonderful features
that can really help, except they fail to do the whole job and create
something of marginal benefit for drastically increased cost.  Leaving
most of us still frustrated.  Why not simply ask what we need.  Leica is
probably still suffering from what a friend (and former Leica employee)
described:  engineers who feel they don't need to ask photographers
because they aready know what is best for us.  If they're going to do
it, they should do right, and not bother us with this stopgap offering.
Without 1/250 sync speed, I don't think the new camera is worth any more
discussion.  The new lenses are another story.

donal
- --
Donal Philby
San Diego