Subject: Re: [Leica] Photokina news
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 12:29:24 -0500

Erwin,

My source for info did say there was a 90 Summicron R ASPH APO coming. Are
you sure, or is it a lack of confirmation that makes you say that there is
no R version coming? I would certainly not expect a 135 f/3.4 to sell well
on an SLR, so I can see why they won't make that an R lens, but the 90
Summicron R was discontinued. And there is no way Leica would go without
that lens in the R line, if they have any sanity left. Even if emphasis
will be on zooms, they can't ignore photographers who need more speed than
f/2.8.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

.'Sounds like art,' the instructor says. 'Well, it is art,' I say.
'This divorce of art from technology is completely unnatural. It's just
that it's gone on so long you have to be an archeologist to find out where
the two separated...' "

Robert M. Pi