Subject: Re: [Leica] PEC-12 = lacquer thinner? [was: to POOF or not ...]
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 11:08:24 -0400

Pieter-

I can agree that PEC-12 can etch plastic and was why I specified that I
found it would not affect the mineral coating on the glass lens. I checked
it on several surfaces- it can etch some acrylics, polystyrenes, but doesn't
bother the polycarbonate lenses in my spectacles. As with any chemical, I
would caution anyone to test first.
I apologize that I didn't make myself clearly understood- I will be more
cautios in the future.
Dan
dwpost@msn.com