Subject: Re: [Leica] New topic: best 35mm f2.0
From: fld <fld@mozcom.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 09:08:30 +0800

<excerpt>

I am thinking of replacing my f3.5 35mm Samaron with a modern 35mm. lens.
I  dont need f1.4, so it boils down to the f2 M or the f2 aspheric. Same
speed. Price difference seems to be about 20%. The aspheric weighs 95
grams more  and is slightly larger.

</excerpt>

Joe,

I have used both lenses for almost a year now but I currently own the
aspheric version of the 35/2.0, another friend has the 35/2.0 which I
regularly get to use.

 At f2.0-f2.8, the aspheric has more contrast & a bit sharper than the
regular 35. Starting at f4.0 to smaller, you cannot tell the difference
anymore. Despite of the more contrast and sharper finer details of the
aspheric at f2.0, the regular 35 at f2.0 is hard to fault as well. I can
live with either lens!!!!

If I had to do it again, I don't mind having a 20% savings with the
regular 35!!

Hope this helps,

Ferdinand