Subject: Re: [Leica] ? Technical Pan
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 1998 18:55:19 -0600

At 08:19 PM 08/09/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Dear Gerd,
>Unless you simply must use the KodakTech pan, I would suggest that you try
>Agfapan 25 of the Ilford ASA50 black and white film. Both are wonderfully
>sharp and grain-free. They also offer the advantages of being designed to
>work with common developers.
>Joe Stephenson

I would have to agree with Joe on this one.  Agfapan 25 and PanF, in 35mm
and 120 are wonderful, fine-grain emulsions.  I use both of these regularly.
   The problem with TechPan is that it is so difficult to get good contrast
with the film, and you are limited in choice of developers.  It is not the
choice for beginners.
   Also, in some places, you may be limited to having to buy TechPan in
20-roll bulk purchases, because it is not an item that some dealers stock
regularly.  So, if you want to try it just with a few test rolls, you may
have to make special arrangements to do that.

- -GH