Subject: [Leica] Novaflex Telyt-R Mount
From: "Jack F. Matlock, Jr." <matlock@IAS.EDU>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 13:36:02 -0400

I would be interested in buying a Novaflex Telyt-R mount for the 400mm and
560mm Telyt-R lenses  (Cat. #s 11926 and 11927) if it is available
separately from the lens head, either new or used.  Anyone know a possible
source?

Also: does anyone know whether these lens heads will fit other Telyt-R
focussing units, such as those supplied with 11960 and 11865?

A final question:  Why did Leica stop production of the f:6.8 Telyt-Rs in
the 400mm and 560mm focal lengths?  The faster -- and doubtless much
improved -- current telephotos, with all their virtues, are not real
replacements because of their much greater weight and bulk, not to speak of
their cost.  With modern high-speed films, f:6.8 is quite adequate for most
of the telephoto work I do.  Is there any prospect for redesigned slower,
lighter and less expensive long telephotos than those currently offered for
the Leica R?

matlock@ias.edu