Subject: Re: [Leica] V35, help adjusting focus
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 1998 20:06:26 -0400

At 11:14 PM 9/8/98 +0200, you wrote:
>I have just bought a V35 with B/W module. ($400, so I made a quick
>decision).
>Now I need some help to learn how to adjust the autofocus. I have to adjust
>manually to get optimum sharpness, and I dont have any manual. Can anyone
>give me some advice how to adjust it?
>Regards, Hans
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hans,

What a great buy!  You will love it.  First you have to loosen the screw at
the base of the column.  Then with a negative in the holder and paper on
the easel that you will use, turn the crank at the top of the column.
Using a micro-focus of some kind examine the grain of your negative
projected on the easel.  When it is sharp, tighten the screw at the base of
the column.  If you can't crank the column down low or high enough to focus
your negative, change the height of your easel.  That's it.  You should be
able to lower and raise the head (loosen the dial on the right side of the
head) and have everything remain in focus.   Hope this helps.  If you have
any more questions, I'll be glad to try and help.  I bought mine used, too,
without a manual so had to learn by trial and error.  This may not be
exactly as Leica recommends, but it works!

Leically,

Tina