Subject: Re: [Leica] New Film
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 1998 11:38:34 +0000

Bill Welch wrote:

> Donal, actually I liked the older Kodak films too. My lab folks say they
> think the problem with Lumiere was the processing, not the film itself. It
> was more sensitive to variations are required tighter control than many
> lines were able to maintain, or so they say.

Bill,
Interesting thoughts.  I do remember asking a Jobo rep one day if I
could get close to the consistency of a lab.  He kinda laughed and said,
most people buy Jobos for E6 to get better consistency.  And from those
I've talked to, it is true.  The great expense is not only the high
level jobo, but a slide mounter that isn't deadly slow.

donal
- --
Donal Philby
San Diego