Subject: Re: [Leica] Ilford CAP-40S Cibachrome processor
From: Ken Iisaka <kiisaka@ms.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 15:49:00 +0900

Tina Manley wrote:

> I have left the chemicals in the CAP-40 for two weeks with no problems.  I
> would be afraid to leave it longer because it might gum up the rollers or
> something.  I always clean it out by running water through a couple of
> times when I empty it.  I' ve taken the rollers out and cleaned everything
> thoroughly two or three times, but it seems to stay pretty clean with a
> little care.  How do you like it so far?  When I think about going back to
> a drum, the CAP-40 seems like a miracle!

Seeing that it typically takes me about an hour to produce one Cibachrome
print (a test strip, a trial print, then the final print) using a drum in my
attic darkroom, I am interested in increasing my productivity by installing a
automatic processor in my darkroom.

Given 60 hours work week. family and hobbies fighting for my ever dwindling
time, I am very interested in those time-saving devices because the difference
would be being productive and not being productive.  As it is, I have 40 rolls
of exposed b/w negatives from my recent trip to Yosemite, NY, and Canada.

CAP-40S is long out of production, and the chance of being able to locate on
in Japan is slim.  I am therefore looking into those still available.  So far,
I have gathered information on Fujimoto/Lucky CP-31, and Durst Printo.

If any of you LUGnuts have had any experience with them, I'd like to hear
about them.

Thanks.