Subject: Re: [Leica] 180 Elmarit tripod mount....
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 14:23:01 -0400

Howdy Y'all-
Two things- One, I can't remember the person who had the same trouble I had
with my 180 Elmarit. The screws holding the tripod mount were too short, and
this was from mounts purchased from Leica USA. They said that the 10mm long
screws were all that Solms was sending. I solved the problem by extending
the countersinking by about 1.5mm. It allows the screw to engage all the
threads of the outer barrel, yet does not extend so far as to jam the inner
barrel.
Two- I have a question about the 39M to M bayonet ring marked 28-50; does
this mean that it will only allow those lenses 28mm to 50mm to focus, or
does it mean that the viewfinder is only activated with those lenses?
If I use an M-3 with the PV lever, can I use, say an 85mm lens, and still
focus properly?
Thanks for your help, whoever!
 dwpost@msn.com

" I can't stand intolerant people...."