Subject: Re: [Leica] Old colour film stock and back to pictures.
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 19:53:51 -0500

At 09:57 AM 9/4/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Eric Welch wrote:
>
>> Pictures of the Year contest (biggest photojournalism contest
>> in the world)
>
>Just curious, Eric, but isn't World Press bigger?

Oops, I meant to qualify that - for newspaper photographers. (World-wide).
World Press is the biggest for Magazine photographers. (Both contests cross
on this, but the emphasis is there).

POY is also the most prestigious contest a newspaper photographer can win.
Yes, bigger than the highly politicized Pulitzer, which has too much
influence from word herders. :-) Actually the main reason for that
difference is it's impossible to win POY with an accidental picture. Real
skill is required over a whole year's time.

But it's interesting (to get back on topic) to see how many Pulitzers were
won with Leicas. (Again, luck is a big influence here).
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Prepositions are not words to end sentences with.