Subject: Re: [Leica] Lense Caps
From: dmm@bronze.lcs.mit.edu (Andrew M. Moore)
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 08:57:39 -0400 (EDT)

> Why cannot Leica make lense caps which stay on.  I recently purchased a 50m
> F2 as a spare lense for my M6.
> Have people had the same problem

I have an awful time keeping the 14038 cap (from current Summicrons
50/2 and 35/2 ASPH) on the lens.  Anything that bumps even one of the
two release tabs causes the cap to pop off.  The good side is that
these caps don't rub the finish off the rim around the front of the
lens, as the plastic slip-on caps probably do (14268, from the latest
35/2 non ASPH, and possibly others), but to me, that's not a very
great concern.  Maybe these latest caps were intended for the
collectors' lenses.

Andrew