Subject: [Leica] 35mm 1.4 Summilux
From: "Spencer M. Clarke" <sclarke@clwares.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 14:35:24 -0400

Hello Group:

Recently I looked at a beautiful Chrome, Leitz Canada, 35mm 1.4 Summilux
lens, serial # 17780xx with a two ear aperture ring which I was told by the
owner dated to the early 1960s and was rare. It is
wonderfully small  for a fixed 35/1.4 and I'm not sure I have ever seen the
two ear aperture ring.

Any comments relative to lens would be appreciated. I am seriously
considering buying it if I can establish "what it is" and something about
it's value, if indeed it is something special.

Although the subject lens is 35/ 1.4, it is much smaller than the 35/2.0
ASPH. that I now use. From a size standpoint it would be very handy to use
on my M6 as a general, all purpose, catch it unobserved type lens.

Anyway, thanks for your help in advance.

Best regards,    Spencer Clarke