Subject: [Leica] Old colour film stock and back to pictures.
From: reviews_ed.hifichoice@dennis.co.uk (Alan Sircom)
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 10:22:33 +0000

While Agfa and Kodak fans each lay claim to the first commercial colour
film available, this doesn't ring true to me. I strongly believe that
Dufaycolor was the first available, back in the 20s I believe. It had
an odd colour balance (I think it was an ortho film!) and was not
available in 35mm, but it was the first and the colours were
wonderfully warm.

But, isn't this all academic and an arguement that is 60+ years out of
date? As this is a photography link, why not talk about photography
itself? A radical idea, but it may be worthwhile…

So, why do most people shots - either street or protraiture - look
better in B&W rather than colour? Is it too much HCB in my diet
affecting my tastes or is there a more rational reason. Or is most
colour work crap?