Subject: Re: [Leica] Need Help Using A IIIc/IIIf
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 18:43:11 -0400

Robert,
Congratulations! As a proud owner of two IIIf cameras, both out for CLA,
BTW, I can understand your enthusiasm. The lever under the rewind is a
focusing lever for the rangefinder, and the dial under the shutter speed
knob is for flash synch. The type of IIIF you have, either Black Dial or Red
Dial is determined by that dial. If the numbers are in black, it is a BD and
you set the shutter speed to 1/30 and set dial to 2, if I recall correctly.
I am assuming ( we know what that means!) that the conversion from IIIc to
IIIf uses the regular IIIf synch. Marc Small will be able to answer your
question, if I flub it! He could probably tell you who did the conversion,
when and where!  :)
Have fun... BTQ- do you have a lens for it yet!?
Dan
dwpost@msn.com