Subject: Re: [Leica] Slide Projection Lenses, wide angle
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 16:42:42 -0700

Generally speaking, lenses of 60mm and shorter focal lengths are meant for
rear projection where distance to the screen is often very short.
I have just acquired a matched set of Golden Navitar (D.O. Industries) 50mm
lenses that have the added bonus of perspective control. I will use these
for front projection in two and three-projector presentations.
At a distance of  10’ the image size is over 72".  The lenses are awesome
and the perspective control eliminates key-stoning which is more annoying in
multi-projector use.
Navitar lenses are of the flat field type, are made in many focal lengths,
and are designed mainly for Kodak Carousel projectors.  Only the Leica
RT-300 accepts them (correct me if I am wrong).
If anyone should be interested in these lenses, I can provide the source for
the 2" variety (used).

Joseph Codispoti