Subject: Re: [Leica] Codispoti for Fuhrer
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 13:25:31 EDT

Ladies and/or gentlemen:

I have been away for several days and was shocked to find the conversations on
Leica and it's involvment in Hitler;s Germany evolve into political, racial,
religios and minority issues.

Please tell me what the $3 billion dollars that the U.S. sends to Israel each
years has to do with the schools in the U.S and Leica cameras?    Israel
creates a balance of power in the mid-east and, might I add, a very strong
one.   What about the money that is spent on our prison system, what about the
Ken Starrs, what about the waste in our legal system,  what about the excesses
in the government.  Personally I believe that the number one place to spend
our tax money is on our school sytem.   Security would certainly be in the top
three and the money we send to Israel is for security.  It sure makes it easy
to blame everything on Jews, doesn't it?

We need to use our Leicas to record all of the atrocities that are occuring
today throughout the world instead of focusing on any ethnic, race or
religion.  There is every opportunity today for any of the groups to organize
and be as strong a factor as the Jews. There is too much predjudice in this
world today, and in the U.S. and this is not the forum for discussing it.

BOB

<<
 Ted Grant wrote:

 > Or is it because the Jewish vote in the USA
 > is
 > >>  very powerful while there is little representation by the other
 > respective
 > >>  nationalities?
 Ted,
 Quite frankly, this is a very sore spot with many here in US.  The
 government sends Isreal $3 Billion every year, while our schools are in
 disrepair, environmental problems are left unsolved and more.  Enormous
 power, far beyond numbers, and very self serving.

 It is not a neo nazi attitude.  It is probably similar to how the
 Quebecquois (did I spell that right?) feel about "English" rule.

 Most of the arguments are that we need to get on with things and leave
 Leica alone, not saddle them with long gone history--or take on every
 unfair historical event and try to rectify.  In this case it is just too
 self serving.

 BTW, its been around a hundred here and humid, so you have my sympathy.
 donal

 --
 Donal Philby
 San Diego