Subject: [Leica] Comparing the 90s
From: budcook@ibm.net
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 00:39:47 -0500

I'm upgrading my M lenses and have replaced an RF-Summicron with the latest
non-ASPH 35 Summicron.  After heavy use on a recent trip to Canada I can say
I'm pretty happy with it.

Now I need to look at replacing my original 90 Elmarit.  This is a gorgeous
black Wetzlar Elmarit that's absolutely like new.  It's going to take a
great lens to get me to part with my black beauty.

I know the reputation of the current Elmarit but I'm more interested in the
current Summicron-M.

Has anyone compared the Elmarit and Summicron, especially with color
reversal film?  How about a comparison between the Summicron-M and
Summicron-R?  I have the R lens and like it a lot.

I've heard the rumors about an APO Summicron but I'll bet it'll cost nearly
twice what the current Summicron costs.

Bud