Subject: [Leica] Re: First week of shooting new R7 - HELP!
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 12:50:54 +0200

On 30-08-1998 07:52 Five Senses Productions wrote:

>I definitely SEE differences between slides shot with tripod and MLU
>and handheld slides, but I agree that handheld shots can approach
>perfection with proper firing technique which I have yet to master.
>Do you who use the soft release fire with your fingertip or with the
>second joint?

On a slightly more humoristic note, Francesco:
it all depends if you have just had a couple of caffeine shots (that is:
cups of coffee, to avoid any misunderstandings) or not...
There are moments or even days when my hands are shaking slightly, so
that you would not get a very sharp shot in any case, especially with the
longer and heavier lenses.
But the R8 is still the uncrowned king of SLR photography (maybe best,
otherwise everybody would go for it...) and I can definitely feel my
images have improved with that camera (or perhaps I am just paying more
attention to details since it's a Leica...).
;-)

Pascal

Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
An Apple a day keeps greedy Microsoft away !