Subject: Re: [Leica] Winding Problem
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 23:51:22 -0400

Jim and Bill:

Sorry, I missed part of this thread, but there is another possible
explanation. Tom no longer puts the spool basket on his winders, he says
you don't need them, and he is correct if you load the film carefully. But,
without the basket it is possible to load the film without hitting the
sprocket holes, and you get a strangely spaced sometimes double exposed
strip of film.

For faster loading I took the basket off my M6 bottom (who needs it) and
put it on the winder. Tom has left a post and screw for you to do exactly
this. It does help make for more certain loading.

Tom

At 09:41 PM 8/24/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Double exposure . . . or a camera problem.
>
>IMHO,
>
>Jim
>
>At 07:16 PM 8/24/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>I recently added an Abrahamsson winder to my M6.  . . .  Does that seem a
reasonable cause for the problem?  Thanks

>>Bill Ferris

Thomas Kachadurian
WEB PAGE: http://members.aol.com/kachaduria