Subject: Re: [Leica] TA rapid winder : drawbacks ?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 20:58:27 -0400

At 02:29 PM 1998-08-25 -0500, Harrison McClary wrote:
>Doesn't everybody shoot with the palm up?
>
>This seems the most natural way to grip the camera and operate the lens
>to me.  Allows you to support the camera with the palm and grasp the lens
>with the fingers and focus.  If you are trying to follow focus, esp with
>a heavy camera lens combo this is about the only way to do it.

Harrison, I guess I'm just too damned anal-retentive for my own good.  No,
I've always shot the way it says to in the Leica IB's, the left hand
holding the left side of the camera, the right hand the right side.

I never thought about it before.  I guess I'll have to experiment now!
(And, yes, I follow Hasselblad's recommendations when using my 2000 FC/M
and Franke & Heidecke's instructions with my Rolleiflex TLR's.)

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!