Subject: Re: [Leica] TA rapid winder : drawbacks ?
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 12:39:53 -0400

At 03:07 PM 8/25/98 +0200, you wrote:
>I have never tried the TA rapid winder because it is impossible to find it
>in my town, and even in my country (France).
>I see in my head 2 drawbacks that the Leica winder M has not. Firstly, it
>is impossible to correct the focus between 2 shots since the left hand is
>not free. Secondly, I wonder whether the rapid winder does not disturb the
>usual grip of the left hand with a unpleasant result :a shake which could
>alter the sharpness, especially with low speeds (1/30).
>I hope I'm wrong.
>
>Dominique Pellissier

Dominique -

You can focus the camera with your thumb and forefinger and use the other
three fingers to operate the TA winder.  Since the winder is a kind of
handle, it helps steady the camera.  The only drawback I have found to the
winder is occasionally stabbing myself in the stomach!  I wouldn't be
without my two.

Leically,

Tina Manley, ASMP

<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>