Subject: RE: [Leica] nikon lenses
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 08:43:03 -0400

I have the 180 f2.8 ED lens and use it on an old F body. It is a truly
superb lens....

And...to change the subject only slightly. My kids just gave me Requiem for
my birthday and one of the things that was interesting to note, in addition
to the stunning photography, was the cameras being carried by the
photographers of whom there were photos. Virtually everyone carried Leicas
and Nikons. (I know, now it's Canons). My point isn't the usual, 'look at
who used a Leica,' but, rather, note that they carried both - The Leicas for
the shorter lenses and the Nikons for the longer. I point this out not to
cast any aspersions on the R series - but simply to suggest that if the tool
works, use it! The question in real life is not what has the best bench
test, but what is most practical in the field....