Subject: Re: [Leica] Uncomfirmed Leica M7 Specs(ND filter)
From: AJSymi@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 16:21:23 EDT

Jim Brick wrote:

<< If you are going to photograph outside toward the sun, then the ONLY answer
is to use no filter, and in Arturo's case, use a slower film. You cannot use a
filter. >>
- ------------------------------
On occasion I do use a polarizer and red filters.  I always have a UV filter
on my lenses (for protection and cutting some haze).  All of my pics are hand
held anyway, so max sharpness will never happen without (dread!) a tripod.
I'm from the camp that believes that an undetectable amount of degredation
"might" result from using filters.  All my filters are either Leica or
Heliopan, the best quality available. And yes, I do shoot slower film when I
know most of that particular roll will be shot outdoors.  Still, 1/4000th
would be easier than fiddling with filters, when I happen to have Tri-X in the
camera.

Oh, here's one for the next M6, removeable film backs!!  That solves it!! :)

Cheers,
Arturo
PS - Jim, thanks for the advice on the developer, I'll look into it!