Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: PC (WAS: Gathering of the klan) - OFF TOPIC(thought I should add it ;-))
From: "kumagai" <kumagai@po.cnet-ma.ne.jp>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 08:46:07 +0900

>have (almost) never disappointed me. At my work I am also responsible for
>our Local Area Network on Wintel PC's. When I see how many problems we
>have had (and still have) will both hardware and especially software (all
>Microsoft...), it gives me another reason to stick to my Macs (and
>sometimes make fun of PC users). The perfect system does not (yet) exist,

... and we use Linux when we connect PC's to Internet. ;-)

My environment:

                      ipmasq/ethernet                      iij-ppp/modem :-(
  Win95 CLIENT |---| LINUX BOX(ROUTER) |---| DIALUP ISP

My ISP's contract doesn't say I can't do this... :-P

If I would get a Mac, of course, it should be able to be connected to the
Linux instantly.
I already have a local DNS entry. I like Macs, too, but I am too used to
PC's...

Tom Kumagai