Subject: Re: [Leica] What has Leica done to my life?
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 11:32:49 -0700

> From: Alex Brattell
> I read in an
> article in the BJP that the printer Larry Bartlett once said that he
could
> always tell a negative made with a Leica because of the quality of the
> shadow areas.

Thanks for sharing so many Leica personal experiences. I enjoyed every word
of your long posting. Re the comment above, I printed both Leica and Nikon
negatives every day for a few months in 1967-68. I was slowly converted to
Leica because of that special sparkle in the shadow areas of the negatives.
A perfectly exposed Leica neg was just delightful to enlarge. Within a few
months I had my own used black M2.

In fact, with Tom's black Rapidwinder on my old M2 and a 35mm Summicron, I
may have to just go do a little downtown street shooting in honor of HCB's
90th. . .

Gary Todoroff
Tree Lugger